Manual of uniform traffic control devices
The Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (Queensland), within the meaning of the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995, contains the design of, and the methods, standards and procedures in relation to every sign, signal, marking, light or device, installed on a road.
The 2003 edition (2011 issue) of the MUTCD is available at this site in read only format.
Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
All road works should now be conducted using the 30 April 2010 Part 3 issue. The minimum class of retroreflective material shall be Class 1 until 30 June 2012 when the requirements in accordance with Clause 3.2.2 of 30 April 2010 Part 3 issue shall apply.
- Table of contents and index
- Issue notes
- Principal variations
- Delineation standards note
- Part 1: general introduction and sign illustrations
- Part 2: traffic control devices for general use
- Works on Road field book front cover
- Part 3: works on roads
- Amendments to the 2010 Edition of MUTCD Part 3
- Part 4: speed controls
- Part 5: street name and community facility name signs
- Part 6: service and tourist signs
- Part 7: railway crossings
- Part 9: bicycle facilities
- Part 10: pedestrian control and protection
- Part 11: parking controls
- Part 12: bus, transit and truck lanes
- Part 13: local area traffic management
- Part 14: traffic signals
- Part 15: direction signs, information signs and route numbering
- MUTCD Sign poster
Note: These documents (with the exception of part 3) are view only (print disabled) due to Standards Australia copyright provisions.
The 2011 release of this manual is electronic only. If you have any difficulty downloading the documents please email firstname.lastname@example.org.