- 2018 Commonwealth Games: Transport Strategic Plan
Transport is critical to the success of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018). Delivering a successful transport operation for GC2018 is a significant task and requires careful planning and smart investment.
- Caboolture to Landsborough Rail Upgrade Study
Investigation of the need to upgrade and duplicate the rail line on the North Coast Rail Line.
- Caboolture to Maroochydore Corridor Study
Study which proposes a passenger rail service branching off the North Coast railway line at Beerwah, extending through Caloundra to Maroochydore.
- Cairns Bruce Highway Upgrade
The Cairns Bruce Highway Upgrade master plan was released in 2010. It was the result of a planning study that investigated long term, multi-modal transport planning options to address the impacts of urban growth, congestion and traffic accidents.
- Cairns Bruce Highway Upgrade - Sheehy Road (Forest Gardens) to Ray Jones Drive
Stage 1 of the Cairns Bruce Highway Upgrade is complete. The $150 million upgrade of the Sheehy Road (Forest Gardens) to Ray Jones Drive section has improved safety and traffic flow, reduced congestion and enhanced access for 55,000 motorists using the southern access into Cairns each day.
- Cairns Transit Network
The Cairns Transit Network is the first busway planning project of its kind in regional Queensland. It will improve public transport in Cairns by giving buses priority, either in separate bus lanes or on dedicated bus-only lanes (busways) which will be separated from general traffic.
- Calliope Crossroads Intersection Upgrade
The Australian Government has funded the committed to upgradeing of the intersection of the Bruce Highway and Dawson Highway intersection, known locally as the Calliope Crossroads.
- Camp Cable Road, Logan Village: safety improvement works
Road repair works will occur in a 1km section of Camp Cable Road, Logan Village to improve safety.
- Captain Cook Bridge and Riverside Expressway aesthetic maintenance works
The department will be undertaking maintenance works on the Captain Cook Bridge and Riverside Expressway, including the on and off-ramps.
- Captain Cook Highway: reconstruction works
The Department of Transport and Main Roads will start complex slope stabilisation works on various sections of the Captain Cook Highway between Buchan Point and Oak Beach.
- Centenary Highway, Deebing Heights: pavement improvement and slope protection works
The department will be undertaking pavement improvement in both directions and eastbound slope protection works on a section of the Centenary Highway, immediately west of the roundabout intersecting Grampian Drive at Deebing Heights.
- Centenary Highway: installation of a retaining wall
In early April 2014, the department undertook a geotechnical investigation of the embankment adjacent to the Centenary Highway prior to the Springfield exit, eastbound.
- Centenary Motorway variable speed limit sign upgrade
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is installing electronic variable speed limit signs and undertaking ancillary works on the Centenary Motorway inbound and outbound.
- Central Queensland Principal Cycle Network Plan
The Central Queensland Principal Cycle Network Plan identifies a network of existing and future core cycle routes to further improve cycling in the region.
- CoastConnect: Caloundra to Maroochydore Quality Bus Corridor
An initiative to improve sustainable transport options and manage the pressures of population growth on Sunshine Coast roads.
- Coochiemudlo Island and Victoria Point ferry terminals upgrade
The department is working with Redland City Council to build new ferry pontoons at Coochiemudlo Island and Victoria Point to provide a safe and accessible service for disabled passengers.
- Cross River Rail
The Queensland Government has announced a proposed Bus and Train (BaT) project, an alternative to the previous Cross River Rail proposal.
- Cunningham Highway/Amberley Intersection upgrade
The department has developed a concept plan for the upgrade of the Cunningham Highway between Yamanto and Amberley.
- Cycle Network Link Strategy
A plan to prioritise future cycle infrastructure needs in the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay Regional Council areas.