- Caboolture to Landsborough Rail Upgrade Study
Investigation of the need to upgrade and duplicate the rail line on the North Coast Rail Line.
- Caboolture to Maroochydore Corridor Study
Study which proposes a passenger rail service branching off the North Coast railway line at Beerwah, extending through Caloundra to Maroochydore.
- Cairns Bruce Highway Upgrade master plan
The Cairns Bruce Highway Upgrade master plan was released in 2010. It was the result of a planning study that investigated long term, multi-modal transport planning options to address the impacts of urban growth, congestion and traffic accidents.
- Cairns Bruce Highway Upgrade - Sheehy Road (Forest Gardens) to Ray Jones Drive
Stage 1 of the Cairns Bruce Highway Upgrade is complete. The $150 million upgrade of the Sheehy Road (Forest Gardens) to Ray Jones Drive section has improved safety and traffic flow, reduced congestion and enhanced access for 55,000 motorists using the southern access into Cairns each day.
- Cairns Transit Network
The Cairns Transit Network is the first busway planning project of its kind in regional Queensland. It will improve public transport in Cairns by giving buses priority, either in separate bus lanes or on dedicated bus-only lanes (busways) which will be separated from general traffic.
- Calliope Crossroads Intersection Upgrade
The Australian Government has funded the committed to upgradeing of the intersection of the Bruce Highway and Dawson Highway intersection, known locally as the Calliope Crossroads.
- Capalaba-Wellington Point: pedestrian facility and cycle lane improvement works
The department will be undertaking pedestrian facility and cycle lane improvement works at various locations along Moreton Bay Road, Old Cleveland Road East and Birkdale Road between Redland Bay Road in Capalaba and Anson Road in Wellington Point.
- Cape York Region Package (Peninsula Developmental Road)
The Cape York Region Package is a $260.5 million package of works, jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments, to upgrade priority infrastructure on Cape York Peninsula.
- Centenary Highway, Deebing Heights: pavement improvement and slope protection works
The department will be undertaking pavement improvement in both directions and eastbound slope protection works on a section of the Centenary Highway, immediately west of the roundabout intersecting Grampian Drive at Deebing Heights.
- Centenary Highway northbound onramp upgrade, Mount Ommaney
The department will be carrying out road works to improve safety for traffic using the inbound onramp of the Centenary Highway in the vicinity of the Mount Ommaney Shopping Centre.
- Centenary Motorway variable speed limit sign upgrade
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is installing electronic variable speed limit signs and undertaking ancillary works on the Centenary Motorway inbound and outbound.
- Central Queensland Principal Cycle Network Plan
The Central Queensland Principal Cycle Network Plan identifies a network of existing and future core cycle routes to further improve cycling in the region.
- CoastConnect: Caloundra to Maroochydore Quality Bus Corridor
An initiative to improve sustainable transport options and manage the pressures of population growth on Sunshine Coast roads.
- Coochiemudlo Island and Victoria Point ferry terminals upgrade
The department is working with Redland City Council to build new ferry pontoons at Coochiemudlo Island and Victoria Point to provide a safe and accessible service for disabled passengers.
- Coomera Exit 54 interchange upgrade—Pacific Motorway
The interchange at Exit 54 of the Pacific Motorway at Coomera will be upgraded to cater for continued growth in the Coomera area.
- Cunningham Highway/Amberley Intersection upgrade
The department has developed a concept plan for the upgrade of the Cunningham Highway between Yamanto and Amberley.